FEGGA in partnership with Marco Simone Golf & Country Club, CapillaryFlow and Toro are pleased to offer this unique opportunity in the build-up to the Ryder Cup.
Marco Simone Golf & Country Club is offering six Greenkeepers, a 6-month work experience placement starting on the 3rd April 2023. The greenkeepers will join the team to prepare the golf course for the Italian Open and culminating in the 2023 Ryder Cup. They will gain experience with warm and cool season grasses, course maintenance, tournament preparation and tournament set up
During the six months the six greenkeepers will also benefit from an education program, tailored to the specific preparations carried out by the experienced team at Marco Simone led by the management company of TAS in charge of the maintenance, with Alejandro Reyes as Director of Agronomy and Lara Arias as Superintendent.
Education Sessions will include:
· Bunker Design, Construction and Maintenance
· Cutting units set-up
· Use of grey water, and associated agronomy challenges
· Major tournament golf course set-up
· Team management heading into the Ryder Cup
This is a fantastic opportunity for any aspiring greenkeeper, looking to gain valuable experience in warm season management, Tournament preparation and set-up, and of course the wonderful opportunity of being part of a team preparing a venue for golfs biggest global team event, The Ryder Cup.
· Salary will be €1200 net per month.
· Accommodation will be paid for through sponsorship of this initiative.
· A fixed amount will be paid to cover the cost of one return flight.
Please apply to Dean Cleaver, Executive Officer FEGGA enclosing you cv to dean.cleaver (at) btinternet.com